- Accès express:
- The world's tallest Ferris wheel soon in New York
- Live like Gandhi in his ashram
- Syrian culture and city of Venice placed on endangered list
- Guided tours with street experts: the homeless
- World Heritage status granted to Medici villas and...
- Baku, Azerbaijan poised to become travel destination to...
- New Yorkers get pumped up for bike sharing
- New theme park near Mumbai targets growing middle-class
- Two iconic parisian landmarks celebrate their 100th...
- La Havana Sloppy Joe’s is back
- Cutting edge art movement emerges in Ethiopia
- The “Venice of the North” celebrates the 400th...
David Lynch is bringing a pop-up version of his exclusive Parisian club Silencio to Miami during Art Basel in December.The Mulholland-Drive-inspired Parisian club will be recreated at the Delano South Beach hotel for the duration of the fair between the December 6 and 9.Silencio will take over the hotel's night club, which will be transformed into a salon atmosphere similar to the decor of the Parisian version.Like the Parisian nightspot, access to Miami's Silencio will be reserved for members only. Those eligible to enter will be able to enjoy music, film, art and fashion during the fair as well as lighting and cocktails similar to those offered in Paris.Modeled by Lynch after his film Mulholland Drive released in 2001, Silencio opened in Paris in 2011. The sinister cabaret decoration was inspired by the strange Club Silencio in the movie.
The club's decoration was entirely designed by Lynch, from key features to furniture as well as small details such as the books in the bookshelves.The venue regularly hosts movie retrospectives, concerts, art and design performances and guests DJs.Lynch is also said to oversee the cultural program for the venue.It is not the first time a pop-up of Silencio has been brought to a major event. The exclusive club already spawned a pop-up version at the Cannes Film Festival this year and served as co-host to the Future Contemporaries Festival at the Serpentine Gallery in London.
Art Basel Miami, 2012
Billing itself as the 'most prestigious art show in the Americas', Art Basel Miami showcases work from 2,000 artists and 260 galleries from around the world. In addition, Art Basel Miami hosts Art Video Nights, this year's Art Film Painters Painting, discussion panels headlined by Richard Tuttle, and a host of art salons throughout each afternoon. At night, check local music venues for Gentleman Jack, Flying Lotus, Basel Castle and Tiesto.
The fair will be open from December 6-9 2012.
For more information on Art Basel Miami go to: miamibeach.artbasel.com