- Accès express:
- The Norman hotel opens in Tel Aviv
- New luxury ski resort openings for 2013
- Branson’s private island hideaway reopens
- World's best hotels and cities 2013: Travel + Leisure
- Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh is the latest to open a...
- Hotel openings in the Baleares
- Hottest new hotels of 2013: Condé Nast Traveler US
- Mama Shelter comes to Istanbul
- Whole Foods looking to open a health resort
- New members of the Relais et Chateaux family
- New hotel in Vienna designed by Yoo
- Copacabana Palace in Rio totally renovated
Luxury giant Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy (LVMH) will open a resort hotel in the Maldives in 2013, TTG Asia daily reported Wednesday.
The resort will consist of 46 luxury villas and the property is currently under construction on the island of Randheli in Noonu Atoll.
"Maldives has (also) become the birthplace of tourism innovation," Maleeh Jamal, deputy minister of tourism, arts and culture told the e-daily.
This announcement adds to a growing list of internationally renowned names in fashion with luxury hotels in their portfolios. Earlier this month, Bulgari Hotels & Resorts announced plans to open a brand-new hotel in Shanghai in 2015 while the Missoni brand of hotels are planning to build more properties in Oman, Turkey, Brazil and Mauritius over the next few years.
Other hotels belonging to the LVMH group include White 1921, a boutique hotel in St Tropez, France with eight suites, each with its own individual interior design by Jean-Michel Wilmotte and Cheval Blanc Courchevel in the French alps, a suites-only hotel that features the ‘Le 1947' restaurant, which serves traditional Alpine dishes with a contemporary twist, created by three-star Michelin chef Yannick Alléno as well as an in-house Christian Dior boutique and a Louis Vuitton shop. - Relaxnews