Collectors snap up art works at ArtBasel
World famous art works have been flying off the exhibition walls at Switzerland's accalimed ArtBasel show, with collectors snapping up pieces by Sergei Jensen, Tracey Emin and Mark Bradford.
The 44th edition of Art Basel, Switzerland, is taking place June 13 to June 16, 2013. This year, 304 leading international galleries will present 11 decades of work,ranging from the Modern period of the early 20th century to the most contemporary. The Basel show, whose lead partner is UBS, will present a geographically diverse selection of galleries from 39 countries and territories across five continents.
This year, many elements of the show will be housed within the new extension of Hall 1, designed by internationally renowned Basel architects Herzog & de Meuron and directly sited on Messeplatz. While the previously existing part of Hall 1 will be given completely over to Unlimited, the Statements and Magazines sectors, and the auditorium for the Conversations and Salon series, will be sited within the new state of the art exhibition hall.
For more information go visit: www.artbasel.com/
- Collectors snap up art works at ArtBasel
- Pavilion Hopping in Venice with Tom Marlow of Sotheby’s
- Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2013 Designed by Sou Fujimoto
- Last days for James Nares' video STREET at the Metropolitan
- Volkswagen launching iBeetle
- Lululemon launches 'Om' the new 'yoga finder' app
- Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum reopens after ten-year revamp
- Foreigners drawn to secrets of sake
- Illuminate the Arts, CalTrans & artist Leo Villareal turn The Bay Bridge into an art installation
- The Google Glass experience: "How it Feels (through Glass)"
- The Story of Miss Dior
- Tel Aviv to hold its largest marathon ever